The pant saga comes to an end...for now.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

You can read parts one and two here.

Having previously failed in my efforts, I expanded my search to Walmart. Oh Walmart, there is nothing that I can say that hasn't been said a million times already. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm a woman on a mission. Let's talk about pants!

There isn't a Walmart near me so before I made the trek across town, I figured I check online first to see if it was worth a trip. I think that I'm a reasonable, easy going person that let's very little get to me. Functionality of online markets can very easily get me into a snit. Listen code monkeys or whoever is in charge of these things; if you're going to develop a virtual store, DON'T HALF ASS THINGS! It annoys people and makes you look like you don't really care about selling merchandise. If you don't care about getting me to your store, then I won't even bother going. Surprisingly, Walmart pulled through on this, and I spotted this suitable pair for $19. So off I went. I easily found the pants, and grabbed a couple sizes to try on. The size 22 fit snugly but not uncomfortably tight, so I went with those. Ironically, I also noticed this sticker on some stretch jeans.





Who needs diets or weight loss when you have the illusion of being slightly thinner than you are!






So I purchased the pants. And they're okay in that they suit my purpose. They do have two problematic areas however. The first is the fabric and stitching is typical Walmart construction, which I really can't complain about given that LOW LOW PRICE! The other is more a design flaw, in which they are advertised as being convertible pants. Meaning, you can raise or lower the length at will. Well, either they never intended for the pants to be at full sail so to speak, or they thought only tall fat girls would wear them.



I have pants!

0 comments: