Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Fasten Your Seatbelts.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's going to be a bumpy ride. I have an out of town visitor staying with me. This means no exercising, and having less control over what I eat (leave it to me to go for the least healthy "healthy"meal..). I think that since starting the LRP, my self-control has gotten much stronger. I can ignore the gobs of sweets brought in to work. I can drive past the coffee shop twice a day without a second though. But when doughnuts are brought INTO MY HOME, I can't resist the temptation.

Losing weight is hard, I know this. I don't plan to quit the LRP as I've already told myself this is going to be a lifetime commitment, but I still feel discouraged. I've been doing this for almost three months now, and have yet to see any great changes. I feel a little stronger, and pants are a little looser, but I'm still wearing the same size 22. Even to be able to fit into a size 20 would be a nice reward. I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong.

0 comments: