Free Lunch: Mexican

Friday, August 15, 2008


I had to work earlier than usual today, depriving me of a normal healthy breakfast. Note to readers: one apple does not a breakfast make. Rather than die of starvation, I tided myself over with a tasty breakfast burrito, half portion. Lunch was followed by the delicious ensemble at right, and dinner was chicken taco stew. I think I've satisfied any possible Mexican cravings for a long time.

Lunch today was a perfect example of reality. No matter how much I try to eat healthy, I will occasionally have stumbles. My options today were limited; a bland salad of iceberg lettuce and tomato, and rice were really only the good options. I filled half the plate with salad, and paired it with one chicken enchilada and a empanada for dessert. It's not great, but it's better then it could have been. Notice there is no additional cheese, no sour cream, and no tortilla chips. Prior to the LRP, this plate would have been chock full of those, and possibly another cherry empanada as well.

So I ate somewhat badly today. I don't feel bad and I'm not going to beat myself up about it. And that's okay, because I eat well the majority of the time. A little slip up now and then isn't going to make me fail or lose sight my goal.

0 comments: