Milestones

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I weighed myself today and discovered I've lost another three pounds, bringing my total to 17 pounds lost since the start of the LRP and 1/8 of my goal accomplished! Visually speaking, I've lost A heart attacks worth of margarine...





Or, one baby seal.




It's always in the back of my mind of how far I have yet to go, but I generally don't dwell on it too often. I put more focus on and get more excitement over the small things. Sticking to my goals and seeing the scale drop a little bit every week. Knowing that bad things lay ahead (like that hot dog I ate for lunch today) and being able to plan for it so it's not a big deal. Even little changes in my stamina and fitness give me resolve and motivation to keep going, like being able to climb a hill without stopping because I'm too winded, or being able to do more and more traditional push ups. And what a great feeling that is.

0 comments: